December Reading Ladder…

Kiera Cass talks about The One | Between the Covers

Rating System

⭑⭒⭒⭒⭒-ew, do not recommend

⭑⭑⭒⭒⭒-it’s okay

⭑⭑⭑⭒⭒-alright, had some good moments

⭑⭑⭑⭑⭒-enjoyable, and would read again

⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑-amazing, one of my favs!!!

The One (Kiera Cass)

⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑-amazing, one of my favs!!!

pages:338/338

Average number of pages: 10/day

Summary:

The story is set in a dystopian society where a competition is held each year to find a potential bride for the future king of illea. the society is split into different categories and a single female is chosen from each class. The story follows A teenage girls story through the competition as she competes to be the princess and win over the princes against several other eligible bachelorettes and the journey to overcome the barriers created by the division of class.

Comments:

this is one of my all time favourite novels, and i have been hooked ever since I had first read it in middle school. Although I have read the entire series the first novel is my favourite. I had decided to reread the novel this month as I had remembered enjoying it so much previously. The use of imagery and suspense throughout the novel keeps the reader intrigued. The storyline is action filled and never gets boring and the plot moves fast. I liked how it is a modern take on the bachelor causing the story line to be more appealing to a younger audience.

Reflection:

I am content with my reading habits this month as I had still read more pages then expected. This month had been pretty hectic as there had been multiple assessments and projects due and I had limited time to keep u with my reading habits. Unfortunately I had not been able to read more than one book as well which is my current goal for the next month. I want to read more candy novels in the upcoming moths and start doing readings for my english class next semester as well.